Monday 18 January 2016

Winter saviours

To follow on from my last post, I thought I'd write about some of my winter saviours.. Not literally saviours I'm not a doctor or anything but what I use/wear to make the cosiest season manageable.

I know not everyone does, but I LOVE WINTER!!! A perfect day for me would be a bright crisp sunny day to go for a long walk along the beach/river or in a wood. Wrapped up in a scarf, gloves and a bobble hat with a cosy coat and comfy boots, sipping a hot chocolate. The only thing that would make it better would be to have a dog walking along side us. (I long for a sausage dog!)

As I mentioned in my perfect day above, another reason why I love winter is the fashion. I live in a scarf in winter. My go to outfit would be, a jumper or a long sleeve t shirt, ripped skinny jeans, boots and, of course, a scarf. I also love a good jacket/coat. I usually plan my outfit round one of these items because my love is so strong for them... I'm not even joking...


Here a few piccys of my winter styles.

But I can understand why people don't love it as much as me. It never snows just rains, rarely bright, just grey and windy...very windy. And this is no good for our body and skin. This sort of weather makes you eat comfort food which, in turn makes you a slightly larger version of yourself. It also makes your skin all dry and lips chapped. This makes for a very upset person. Trust me I can get like that too!

But I find winter quite magical. This might be because I am a winter baby but it is defiantly my fav season.

So this is why I thought I'd share with you some of my saviours and I hope this will make you love winter just a little bit more like I do.

As I mentioned, you MUST have a good solid collection of scarfs. I don't even want to count how many I own! You also must have some cosy gloves and a bobble hat for those bad hair days. Invest in a coat that will carry you through the season and last for many many more. You won't regret it!

You need to have a good skin care regime. I must admit I'm pretty lazy but I do feel better when I stick to the regime. Mine includes, daily cleansing with bareMinerals Purifying Facial Cleanser which I use to take my make up off. I also use No7 Early Defence eye cream twice a day along with day and night cream. The day cream has SPF 15 too, bonus! Twice a week I use Lush Mask of Magnaminty face make that exfoliates as well as nourish and helps with those pesky spots. Don't forget to use lip balm! It's a must! I live in Maybelline Baby Lips.






Don't forget to treat yourself, you deserve it! When it's just too chilly to venture outside, run yourself a bath, fill with bubbles, chuck in a bath bomb, sprinkle some bath salts, light a few candles and relax, get out and paint your nails. I find painting my nails very therapeutic and how cute are this mini OPI bottles and such lovely colours!


Embrace Winter and look after yourself.

For now,
Frances Louise
Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment